Established in 1960, Guide Dogs Queensland helps to provide Queenslanders who are blind or vision impaired with freedom, mobility and independence through our wide range of orientation and mobility services.
With less than ten per cent Government funding, we rely on the generosity of individuals, puppy sponsors, corporate support and people who leave a bequest in their Will to fund our vital work.
Guide Dogs Queensland is the only service provider in Queensland that offers this complete range of rehabilitation services, and we have seven regional offices in Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Toowoomba and on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
We aim to keep people independent and mobile at home, in the community and at work and empower them to live full and active lives.
Alternative phone numbers for Guide Dogs Queensland are: 3261 7555 or 1800 810 122
Support Provider Services
Guide Dogs Queensland provide our services, including Guide Dogs, for free to those we help. We are best known for our icon – the Guide Dog, however, this service is just a small part of what we do. Our services include:
- Guide Dog training and placement;
- White Cane training;
- Electronic Travel Aid training;
- Community and professional education workshops;
- Special mobility programs for children; and
- Counselling by our own staff psychologists.
- Services are delivered in the community and through residential programs during which clients learn new skills and live on-site in our Client Residence.