The YMCAs of Australia work together from a base of Christian values to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
We are making a positive difference by providing opportunity to each and every person to be healthy, happy and connected.
The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve their Mission by the following Christian values:
- The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or belief.
- The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
- Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding, mutual respect, and sense of belonging.
- Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- The diversity of people, communities and nations.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility.
The YMCA of Bundaberg delivers a range of community service, sporting and fitness programs and services that reflect the Mission and Values of the international YMCA movement. These programs include:
- Community Inclusion Services program – NDIS registered provider
- Youth 360° program – funded by Department of Communities
- Childrens Respite program – NDIS registered provider
- Sixty and Better (60+) Seniors Program – funded by Department of Communities
- YMCA Sport and Recreation Centre
- YMCA 24/7 Fitness Centres at Bundaberg and Bargara
- YMCA Child Care and Kindergarten
The YMCA is committed to community and recreation services as reflected in our positioning statement: