Breastfeeding support: Provide mothers with practical mother-to-mother support and information, enabling them to establish and continue breastfeeding.
- Provide for financial security and economic sustainability by diversifying income streams, protecting and increasing the real value of our financial assets, investing well and using our financial and people resources with economy.
- Training, education and resources
- Provide high quality and accessible training, education and resources to our volunteers, health professionals and the wider community to ensure skilled, knowledgeable and practical breastfeeding support for mothers.
Advocacy: Strengthen the advocacy work of the Australian Breastfeeding Association in order to improve breastfeeding outcomes, and through participation in breastfeeding research and policy development, educate the broader community that breastfeeding is normal.
Public awareness and profile: Maintain the Australian Breastfeeding Association as an authoritative, high-profile organisation that is responsive to changing needs to protect, support and promote breastfeeding.
Governance and organisational development: Develop a well-governed, effectively managed, representative and accountable organisation that values and recognises the contributions of its people.
Support Provider Services
Australian Breastfeeding Association provides the following services:
- Breastfeeding Education Classes
- Hire a breast pump
- "Breastfeeding Welcome Here" venues
- Our Products: the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) produces many items under its own brand
- Email counselling
- Baby Care Room awards
- ABA runs the National Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 mum 2 mum (1800 686 268). The Breastfeeding Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Local support groups
- Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
- Research collaborations: The ABA collaborates with leading universities, researchers and healthcare facilities