Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre and Toy Library
The Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre (incorporating the Toy Library) - Open for Fun & Learning!
The Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre (incorporating the Toy Library) is an incorporated not-for-profit, registered charity that was established in 1986. Parents from the community raised funds to purchase specialised equipment and developmentally appropriate toys for children with special needs. Since that time the Toy Library has grown to have nearly 3000 toys and specialised pieces of equipment. Over the years the focus of the Centre has expanded to include the whole community. In 2018 the Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre amalgamated with the Bundaberg YMCA.
Five Good Reasons to Join a Toy Library
1. Access to quality toys and resources for one annual fee
2. Age appropriate toys always available
3. Borrowing is a good environmental option to reduce landfill waste from unwanted toys
4. Staff available to help you and your children
5. Opportunities to meet other families in the community and network
(Toys, therapy equipment loans)