We understand how difficult it can be to find specialist nursing for children and young people in the community. As a result, Children’s Nursing Queensland was launched in 2022 with the aim of providing quality and up to date nursing care to children with complex needs.
Our team of Clinical Nurse Consultants and Registered Stomal Therapists have extensive experience with paediatric clients with a variety of complex conditions and care requirements.
Consultations and workshops can be provided face to face or via telehealth depending on location.
Children's Nursing Queensland provide hands on clinical care, assessments and comprehensive reports and care plans for NDIS participants in relation to the following:
- Feeding tubes (including gastrostomies, jejunostomies and nasogastric tubes)
- Continence assessments and management
- Bladder and bowel stomas (including colostomies, ileostomies, urostomies, Mitrofanoff’s, chaits)
- Wound care and pressure injuries
- Other individualised requirements
Our team can also provide educational workshops for schools, early learning centres, Kindergartens and support workers. These workshops will provide information and advice so children can attend educational and social settings safely. Care plans can also be provided as necessary.