Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
Parenting can be hard work; it’s okay to ask for help and free help is available.
Triple P - Positive Parenting Program is a world-renowned program that helps make raising children and teenagers easier.
It is available free of charge and on a voluntary basis to all Queensland parents and carers of children up to 16 years.
No matter what stage of life your child is at or what challenges you’re facing, Triple P can help you learn simple but proven ways to parent more effectively and give your children the best opportunity to reach their full potential.
The program will give you practical skills and tools, and help build the confidence you need, to:
- manage your children’s behaviour
- set family routines and rules that everyone follows
- develop positive relationships, so you can get along well with your kids and argue less
- raise happy, healthy and confident children
- balance work and family without stress
- create a happy, safe environment where your family can thrive.
What support is available?
How much support and what support you receive is totally up to you.
The program consists of a range of seminars, group workshops and one-on-one consultations, delivered as either one-off sessions or as part of a series of sessions over several weeks or months.
It also includes Triple P Online, an intensive, self-paced online course for parents to learn about the full suite of Triple P parenting strategies.
The range of options available means you can receive as much or as little help as you like, depending on your individual preferences and situation.