Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS). The Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) provides funding for medical aids and equipment to eligible Queensland residents who have a permanent and stabilised condition or a disability. The scheme helps people to live at home and avoid early or inappropriate residential care or hospitalisation.
Aids and equipment are subsidy funded on a permanent loan basis, through private ownership or the supply of consumables. If you pay for more than 50% of the cost for an item, you can choose to take ownership, rather than having a permanent loan. However, this means that you are responsible for all repairs to that item.
MASS General Guidelines
The MASS General Guidelines assist prescribers in submitting applications to MASS and are updated regularly to reflect new requirements and eligibility criteria. In general, clients may be eligible for assistance under MASS if they:
- are a permanent resident of Queensland
- have a permanent/stable condition or disability
- hold a pensioner concession card, health care card or Queensland Government Senior Card
- meet specific clinical eligibility criteria relevant to the aid.
Relevant application guidelines and forms for each scheme or aid/equipment provide detailed information regarding eligibility requirements.
Types of aids and equipment
Prescribers should also refer to the relevant application guidelines and forms for each type of aid/equipment:
- communication aids
- continence aids
- daily living and mobility aids
- home oxygen
- medical grade footwear
- Assistive products for personal care and safety
- Assistive equipment for recreation
- Customised Prosthetics
- Personal Mobility Equipment
- Therapeutic Supports
- Assistance with Daily Living
- Assistive technology
- Finding & Keeping a Job
- Home Modifications
- Improved Daily Living
- Improved Health & Well-being